In this performance workshop, we ran through the play as many times as possible. We particularly focused on our transitions between each scene. As a class, this helped us to have a better understanding of timing and also allowed the play to flow. Myself and Imogen worked on our scene when i'm talking about our mother in Paris. We added much more emotion and laughter into the scene which made it to seem much more naturalistic and easier to deliver. It also made me feel like I could be more engaged in my charcter as I knew my lines and understood the context. I took into consideration my units and pace of my mini monologue. Being fluent in my lines and knowing exactly when our transitions are allowed me to feel much more confident on stage. Myself and Maria (Dunyasha) also worked on our scene. We both decided to add excitment and gossip into our conversation which made the scene humourous and much more engaging. When Dunyasha is talking about how she is in love, I say "Nothing else" adding laughter and pull her towards the table for her to do my hair whilst I listen to the gossip. This definetly helped to show the audience the close relationship that Anya and Dunyasha share together. We also worked on our voices and accents to make our scene as naturalistic as possible.
As a class i we all worked a lot harder than we have been as I feel everyone is dedicated to their character and getting our scenes to the best that we can. I have really enjoyed rehearsing for The Cherry Orchard as it has given me chances to understand my strengths and weaknesses. I have developed my character understanding in depth and feel prepared for the upcoming performance.
No comments:
Post a Comment