Monday, 6 October 2014

23/9/12 Performance Workshop

Blocking our scenes

We began the lesson by continuing the blocking of our scenes.  We began with the scene of the arrival of the family. Having being put on the spot to know our lines and understand where we were meant to be at the time really helped myself and the rest of the group understand where there are areas for improvement, as I feel that I improvised my lines slightly. However, rehearsing this scene gave me a clear understanding of each characters personality and how different characters have different relationships.

Myself and Imogen (Varya) worked on our scene, focusing on how to present our relationship on stage. I found that this really helped my understanding of my character. For example when Varya takes over Dunyasha from doing my hair, I feel that it shows how Anya is a very liked character, who is friendly to everyone and does not take social class into consideration, whereas Varya slightly jealous of the pairs relationship, therefore sends Dunyasha away. The scene between Aya and Varya is extremely important and emotional, as we find out about the familys issue with money. Myself and Imogen blocked this scene a few times to perfect it and became off book. Knowing my lines off by heart helped me to say them with confidence and add in pauses. I felt that rehersing my scence with Imogen enabled me to have a clear understanding of the sisters relationship. However, I think myself and the rest of the group need to work on actioning our lines in our own time. Naturalism is what the group is aiming for, therefore in order to create a natural play, the whole group need to be confident with lines which I feel we are with as much practice as possible. 



Self observation sheet



No comments:

Post a Comment