Monday, 6 October 2014

Character Profile

Who am I?My name is Anya, I am the daughter of Raynevskaya. I am a young,caring teenager who has a close relationship with both mother and sister. I am full of curiosity and enjoy reading and studying. I have had sheltered upbringing throughout my whole life. I come across to everyone as being hopefull and full of life, and towards the end of the play, see the sale of The Cherry Orchard as a new beginging. I desire to become a nun when i'm older, however struggle to see this becoming reality due to my familys financial status. I persive myself to be a loving and genourous person who has a friendly and addictive persoanlity. I am virtuous and strong and completley in love with Trofimov. 

Where am I?I have just arrived home from a trip to Paris with my mother. We enter into the nursery where my mother starts to become emotional. The furniture is just the same as it used to be before we left. "My room, my windows, just as if ive never been away". This is my home. This is where my childhood grew and still grows today. My home is the most personal place in the entire world. Its the closest and best thing my family have together.

When is it?Its may, spring. The blossoms are starting to grow. It is night time and the air is becoming bitter. The windows are cold but I can still feel the frost.

Where have I come from?I have just arrived home from a trip to Paris with my mother. I arrived by train, however our journey was major delayed and my mother could not afford to go first class. Varya is particularly pleased to see us. I am relived to finally be home with my family again and see my bedroom and Orchard.

What do I need?I want to educate myself, I want to learn how to become a nun with the right books and study material. I have many goals and want to be able to archive them.

Why do I need it?I want to be able to provide for myself, have an education to get a job and be able to help the financial situation that is currently occurring in my family.

Why do I need it now?If I don't start to earn myself money, then the Orchard may soon be sold. I want my mother to be happy and excited, and I don't want to loose out on what we have.

ACT 1 - The Cherry Orchard (Helped me to interpret Anya further) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI9x6b8Vdow

No comments:

Post a Comment